The past year (or maybe two already?) the Stila Liquid Glitter Eyeshadows have become very, very popular. I wanted to take my time swatching them in Sephora so I could pick the right color for me, but for the Holidays Stila came out with a giftset with three of the Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadows in mini size. I was sold! 🙂
The set it came in is the Stila Written in the Stars Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow Set and it looked like this (I already threw out the packaging because I had to go through customs with A LOT of new make-up, haha. So I threw almost all packaging out so it didn’t look new anymore… oh well…).
The set was $25 for 3x 2,25 ml. A full size contains 4,5 ml of products and retails for $24. Making the value of this set $36. That’s a good deal!
How cute! The glitters that I used as decoration is the cosmetic Chunky Glitter Giggidy by Laguna Cosmetics (now for sale!).
The set contains (from left to right): Diamond Dust, Kitten Karma and Smoky Storm.
Diamond Dust is described as a ‘sheer silver with multi-color sparkle’. You mostly see the silver though, the colors (mostly blue) only show up when the light hits the glitter in the right way.
Kitten Karma is described as a ‘Champagne with silver and copper sparkle’ and is the color that I wear the most of the three because I usually wear a shimmery pink, bronze, champagne or gold.
Smoky Storm is a ‘Light Pewter with silver sparkle’. I totally had to Google what pewter looks like but I guess to me, Pewter looks more grey in the Google images and Smoky Storm is more rusty brown mixed with grey….
Depending on how you make the light hit the glitters, it’s either ‘just’ glittery or really shiny and bright. I love that about these liquid eyeshadows!
The glitter parts are clearly noticeable, but when I applied it on my eyelid, it didn’t stand out or anything. The obvious glitter parts are what make the liquid eyeshadows so beautiful and shiny in my opinion.
The formula is really nice and easy to work with. It’s a good liquid but not this liquid that it runs everywhere. After applying it dries completely in under a minute but while drying, you have to be careful to prevent the eyeshadow from sticking to other parts of your eye where you don’t want the glitters.
This is the look I made with Kitten Karma in the center of my eye lid.
For this eyelook I used:
- Maybelline New York x Gigi Hadid Warm Eyeshadow Palette for the color under my eyebrow, the inner corner of my eye and the transition color in the crease.
- Kylie Cosmetics Smooch Eyeshadow Duo Poison Berry for the inner and outer corner of my eye lid.
- Catrice LE Metal Eyelight Cream eye shadow in ‘C01 Sun Kissed Miss’ in the middle of my eyelid to make the next color more intense.
- Kylie Cosmetics Smooch Eyeshadow Duo In Love on top of the Catrice cream eye shadow (I could have skipped this step and the previous one but I only decided later on that I wanted to use the Stila eyeshadow).
- Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Kitten Karma in the center of my eye lid.
Other products used on my face:
- Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional primer.
- Tarte Shape Tape concealer in ‘Light’ mixed with Maybelline New York Fit Me concealer in ’15’.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder.
- Benefit Cosmetics Foolproof Brow Powder in ‘1’.
- Benefit Cosmetics Galifornia Blush.
- Wet n Wild megaglo highlighting powder in 321B Precious Petals (this highlighter you guys!).
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara in 10 Noir (and this mascara you guys!).
- Kylie Cosmetics Gloss in Candy K.
- Urban Decay De-Slick make-up setting spray.
I am loving the Stila Glitter & Glow liquid eyeshadows! I already have a few full sized of them on my Sephora wishlist.