Here’s a quick little blog about the Sephora Favorites Sun Safety kit. I am still in the process of trying out all the products but I wanted to let you know that this amazing kit is still in stock! The previous years, the Sephora Favorites Sun Safety kit always sold out really fast. I purchased it via Ebay because I can’t order directly from Sephora.com anymore (mweh) but at this exact moment it is still in stock at Sephora as well! 🙂
The Sephora Favorites Sun Safety kit launches every year when the sun starts to show up again. The kit contains several trial sized products with SPF to find yourself your favorite sun protection product.
Sephora also launches a Sephora Favorites Summer Sun On The Fly kit every year which contains five summer themed products, usually with one or two SPF products as well. Here’s my review on the 2018 kit.
Because I have both sensitive skin and an oily T-zone, it’s pretty hard to find a SPF product that I enjoy wearing every day and that’s nice enough to reapply during the day as well. At this moment I usually go for the Rituals Karma sunscreen when I’m out in the sun all day. I’m still on the hunt for a product that wears great under make-up as well and this set is great to try some candidates!
The 2019 Sephora Favorites Sun Safety kit contains twelve trial sized products. Some are really really tiny which is fine by me because I’m only trying it out a bit and I’ll buy a full size when I like the products, but I know that in previous years the selection had a way greater value, so not everyone is pleased about this years edition.
All twelve products have SPF and differ in kind of SPF, formula and product category. There’s make-up (tined SPF, lip balm and setting spray), moisturizer with SPF, SPF serum and all kinds of other sunscreens.
Moisturizers with SPF:
– 0.17 oz / 5 mL Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 40 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea;
– 0.5 oz/ 15 mL Supergoop! Superscreen Daily Moisturizer SPF 40 PA+++.
Origins is a brand I already love a lot and Supergoop! is such a popular SPF brand, so I can’t wait to try both of these out. I’ve been looking for a moisturizer with SPF for quite some time because it makes the application of SPF way easier when it’s already included in my regular skincare products.
These are the four products that I would consider to be make-up because they do more than just product your face from sunrays:
– 0.5 oz/ 15 mL Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen;
– 0.34 oz/ 10 mL COOLA SPF 30 70%+ Organic Makeup Setting Spray;
– 0.17 oz/ 5 mL Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30;
– 0.07 oz/ 2.2 g Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15.
I already use the COOLA makeup setting spray from time to time. I don’t love it though because it smell quite strong and makes my skin sticky.
The Fresh Tinted Lip Treatment is something I do love already. It smells great, moisturizes the lips well and has a gorgeous rosé shade.
The Drunk Elephant product is a sunscreen but with a bit of a tint to smoothen the complexion as well. I’ve heard some great things about this products so I’m excited to try it out!
The other products from the kit:
– 0.25 oz/ 7 mL DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE™ Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen;
– 0.23 oz/ 7 mL Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Water Resistant (80 Minutes);
– 0.16 oz/ 5 mL COOLA® Sun Silk Drops SPF 30;
– 0.17 oz/ 5 mL Murad Invisiblur® Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++;
– 0.33 oz/ 10 mL Lancome UV Expert Aquagel Defense 50 Sunscreen;
– 0.5 oz/ 15 mL Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense® Lotion.
So many products in here that I can’t wait to try out! The Shiseido lotion is water resistant and would be great for when I’m out swimming or on the really really hot and humid days. The Murad product is also mattifying and might be wonderful for re-applying during the day. The Lancome sunscreen is a gel which I have high hopes for because it should feel lighter on the skin and the COOLA Sun Silk Drops is a SPF serum, which should also feel lighter on the skin and that’s exactly what I’d love in a SPF product.
I will update you guys once I’ve tried all the products! 🙂 What is your favorite SPF product?